Triangle Independent School Consortium
The Raleigh School is a member of the Triangle Independent School Consortium (TISC). Member schools work together to help families select the school which best fits the need of their child and the needs of the family as a whole.
The Triangle Independent School Consortium is composed of admission professionals from the Triangle area schools. The Consortium evolved out of the desire of the member schools to work collaboratively in an effort to ease and enhance the admission process for the students, families, and schools involved.
TISC serves member schools and their families by promoting, supporting and enhancing the value of independent education in the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) area of North Carolina through meaningful collaboration.
- Excellence – a commitment to excellence in independent education
- Integrity – ethical behavior in adherence to TISC Guidelines and NAIS Principles of Good Practice
- Accountability – accountability to the mission, vision and values of TISC
- Collaboration – collaborative efforts that benefit and enhance member schools
- Respect – respect for the unique contributions and traditions of each school
- TISC schools will adhere to the Principles of Good Practice for Admissions Professionals as promoted by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- TISC recognizes that individual timetables for the admission process are as unique as the schools themselves and wants to accommodate the needs of families who have applied to more than one TISC schools.
- If you have submitted before-deadline applications to more than one of our schools, you will not be required to make a binding commitment or deposit until you have heard an initial admission decision from all of the schools to which you have applied.
- If you receive an admission offer that asks for a reply before you will hear from another TISC school, please immediately contact the offering school’s Director of Admission to request an extension of their reply date. We have agreed to grant such requests so that families will be able to make fully informed decisions. You will be granted an extension of five (5) calendar days after the latest notification date of the schools to which you have applied.
- TISC schools abide by the agreed-upon common notification and enrollment dates established by the group; the dates are determined by the members at their spring meeting for the following year. Special needs schools (which have in their mission the provision of special services for students with learning needs) may follow their own admissions calendar.
- TISC schools agree that there will be no acceptance notification to any applicant in advance of the common notification dates. Member schools may provide early notification of denial to affiliated applicants (siblings, legacies, and faculty/staff children). After the common notification dates, schools may admit families on a rolling basis.
- TISC schools agree to wait five (5) calendar days after the last notification date before contacting an admitted family for its decision.