The Raleigh School will post job openings here as they arise. We are currently accepting résumés for the following role(s):
- Part-Time After School Care Coordinator
Candidates interested in preschool openings may send résumés to Preschool Director Elizabeth Gilleland.
Candidates interested in openings other than preschool may send résumés to Elementary Director Mary Golden.
The Raleigh School is a nonprofit dedicated to educating young children. We seek to foster a love of learning in an atmosphere of challenge, inquiry, and respect. Our approach is child-centered and developmentally appropriate. Founded in 1952, The Raleigh School currently serves 300 families and 400 students ages 18 months through 5th grade.
General Job Description
The After School Care Program Coordinator will be a key member of the team focused on coordinating the daily after school care program. The position requires a person who is highly motivated, detail-oriented, an effective communicator, energetic, and committed to our mission. General duties include coordinating the after school care program activities and overseeing the after school care program teachers and students on a daily basis. The After School Care Program Coordinator is a part-time, non-exempt position.
Position will begin August 2018
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- §Work collaboratively with administrators to develop and maintain a schedule and curriculum for recreational and enrichment activities within the program
- §Provide program orientation for students and parents, encourage involvement, and maintain regular contact with parents
- §Assist in the hiring of after school care program teachers and orientating them to the program, students and parents
- §Meet, as needed, with staff to train, coordinate program design, discuss activities, and address any other issues
- §Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with program personnel, and other staff members, such as the Directors, Head of School, and teachers. Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis and report any issues timely to the Director of Finance and Operations
- §Maintain all required documentation including attendance, snack counts, emergency cards, health information and receipts
- §Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program and assure safety and supervision of children at all times
- §Oversee the procedures for student dismissal
- §Instruct students on the safe and proper use of supplies and equipment
- §Observe, monitor, and participate in children’s play activities
- §Efficiently redirect inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program behavior management system to effectively monitor and guide proper student behavior
- §Communicate timely with parents in person, by phone and via email, as needed
- §Oversee and track the ordering and purchase of snacks and all materials for the programs
- §Oversee and assist in the cleaning and straightening of the rooms, gym, outdoor areas and equipment before, during, and after the program. This includes washing tables, chairs, and toys, putting up chairs, and locking the building at the end of the day.
- §Perform other duties as assigned
Lead After School Class
- §Assist designated after school class with snack and homework
- §Maintain check in and check out sheets for individual class
- §Enjoy being with students and foster their academic, social, emotional, and physical development through the duties outlined throughout
- §Bachelor’s Degree with at additional training or experience in education, child development or psychology. Preference given to applicants with an education background and experience in classrooms, or experience with after school care programming
- §Impeccable attention to detail
- §Excellent written and oral communication skills
- §Outstanding interpersonal skills and judgment; high level of professionalism
- §Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize, plan and follow through on tasks
- §Proven ability to supervise a team of after school care program teachers and work independently
- §Discretion in handling confidential information
- Moderate physical activity
- Requires handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 pounds
- Standing or walking may occur up to 80% of time
- Must be able to get up and down from floor
The After School Care Program Coordinator is a part-time, non-exempt, ten-month position. Hourly rate will be competitive based upon experience and qualifications.
Return packet, including cover letter and resume to Mary Golden, email@example.com – deadline for submissions is July 23, 2018.
The Raleigh School is a cooperative community of children, parents and teachers that fosters a love of learning in an atmosphere of respect, challenge and inquiry.